Government and international community released separate statements on the consultation conference held in Mogadishu, both reacting to the uncertainty over the election talks.
Abdirashid Mohamed Hashi, the information director of the Somali presidency, spoke about the conference of the Federal Government and regional administrations leaders in Mogadishu.
Abdirashid Mohamed Hashi described as false the reports that the conference of federal government, regional administrations and Benadir region in recent days collapsed after new conditions were submitted by Puntland and Jubaland.
He added that the conference had been postponed until today and warned against creating preconditions for a conference based on the September 17 agreement.
Federal government officials and regional administrations are continuing their meeting in Mogadishu today, and this will be the third meeting in a week.
Moreover, the Minister of Information, Culture and Tourism of the Federal Government of Somalia, Mr. Osman Dubbe, has said it is committed to making the consultative meetings between the government and member states of the federal government fruitful.
He told SONNA that the Government is hopeful that the meetings will end in a positive manner and that the September 17 agreement will be implemented jointly.
For its part, representatives of the international community in Somalia have issued a new statement on the ongoing talks to resolve electoral disputes.
They “urged the leaders of the Federal Government of Somalia and the Federal Member States to use this opportunity to resolve their differences and take the necessary steps to ensure that the elections are credible, timely and peaceful without further delay to allow Somalia to move forward”.